Process Test Engineer
We are a global provider of innovative, state of the art products and services for comprehensive engine-driven management, protection, monitoring, and control solutions.
We offer the full line of engine instrumentation products from FW Murphy Production Controls along with extensive engine control development expertise from EControls to provide customers with a complete solution approach for engine control, protection, and monitoring.
We are passionate about customer satisfaction and service.
Our commitment is to understand and meet the requirements of our customers and maintain an environment that encourages all employees to pursue never-ending improvements in quality and productivity. The company employs over 700 employees worldwide with a global reach including locations in San Antonio & Rosenberg, Texas; Tulsa, Oklahoma; Santa Ana, California; Delfgauw, Netherlands; and, Hangzhou, China.
Reporting & Supervisory Responsibility
§ Manufacturing Engineering Manager
§ This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
Key Job Elements
The Manufacturing Test Engineer candidate should be self-motivated and able to work effectively in a team environment.This position will support both new and existing products and play a key role in the development and support of manufacturing operations as well as help to upgrade current manufacturing test and assembly methods for key products.
This position will have close interaction with Production, R&D, Engineering, Quality and Supply Chain. Communication with outside engineering and contractor resources may also be required.
Candidate must have strong verbal and written reporting skills that enable the effective communication of activities.
The position requires designing, developing, integrating, and maintaining both hardware and software of functional and flash test systems, used to validate the functionality of various types of Electro-mechanical, and pure Electrical products during the manufacturing process.
The position also requires management of both small and large projects that may have a development cycle of up to two years.
Support Manufacturing Operations
•Support process engineering in solving production/quality issues
• Collect and analyze test data from assembly operations
• Ensure production readiness of equipment for key processes
• Troubleshoot root cause for equipment and process related problems
• Specify and document test specification and method
• Support change management process during product revisions
• Acknowledgement of engineering changes Support New Product Development and Continuous Improvement Efforts
• Able to interpret assembly and component drawings and the requirements within
• Design for manufacturability input
· Collaborate with team to define assembly strategy for production
· Collaborate with team to estimate manufacturing development cost estimates
• Participate in PFMEA and/or DFMEA
· Design, code, and debug test software to meet parametric measurement, functional test, & through put requirements.
· Design, develop, integrate, and debug load boxes, fixtures, cables, and test bays to meet product test requirements.
· Schedule, manage, and communicate multiple project activities between multiple project team members to assure on time completion.
· Monitor, maintain, and improve test system yield and test time performance.
• Explore & implement cost reduction ideas.
• Identify, source, and set up critical spare parts for test systems.
• Recommend plan and frequency for TPM practices.
• Support ISO9001 and IATF16949 quality system certifications.
• Lead MSA efforts and gage R&R development
•Support and facilitate process, procedure, and cultural change targeted at improving quality and productivity
• Support the Safety Initiative
• Support development and ensure adherence to lock-out/tag-out plan
• Establish solutions to safety near misses
• Personal Development
• Learn how our products work and how they are used • Learn new skills and be educated on new technologies
· B.S.in Electrical or B.S.E.T. Electrical
• A minimum of 5 years of high volume Electronic Manufacturing, preferably for automotive applications
• Strong understanding of computers and high-level programming languages (LabVIEW, TestStand, C/C++)
• Experience and understanding of measurement systems.
• Experience and understanding of both digital and analog circuits.
• Ability to perform root cause analysis and problem solving.
• Prefer Six Sigma training or certification.
Key Performance Characteristics
· Innovative Outlook
· Leadership Capability (if applicable)
· Power of Analysis
· Effective Communication Skills
· Strong Work Ethic
· Sense of Urgency
· Positive Attitude
Position Type, Schedule and Travel
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EControls and FW Murphy Production Controls provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EControls and FW Murphy Production Controls comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please apply at:
Location/Region: San Antonio, TX