Circulation department is seeking a full-time District Manager to oversee the delivery of newspapers to subscribers within a defined geographical area.This position is part of a support system that oversees delivery accuracy and physical distribution of newspaper. The District Manager is responsible for prospecting and contracting independent contractors for delivery services, familiarizing contractors with route locations and enforcing contractual agreements.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. This position requires tenacity, consistency, good judgment, quick decision making and solid interpersonal skills. Must have strong time management skills, including the ability to set priorities and give attention to detail.
• Valid driver’s license, dependable vehicle and proof of insurance are required for this position.
• Ability to work as part of a team, with minimal daily supervision and high degree of self-motivation.
• Ability to problem solve, resolve issues & complaints, demonstrate sound reasoning, exercise judgment and make decisions.
• Ability to repetitively stoop, bend and walk to distribute newspapers.
Will push and pull carts loaded with newspapers and repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing between 10–50 pounds.
• Ability to work flexible overnight hours, available at any time as needed to include weekends and holidays.
• Basic computer skills (Excel and Word).
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
If interested send your resume to Jirizar@themonitor.com or apply
online at www.themonitor/careers.
Location/Region: Mcallen, TX (78501)