JOB OPENING STARR COUNTY AUDITOR POSITION: Starr County Auditor County Government is, for many people, the primary and most accessible level of government.
In true democratic fashion, officials are elected from among the populace to represent citizens, provide a variety of services, and act as a bridge to span the gap between local citizens and County Government.
The County Auditor is to serve as a check on the financial operations of other county offices, as well as fulfill financial accounting and budget responsibilities.
SALARY: $73,061.00 The County Auditor's salary is currently budgeted at $73,061.00 with a total office Budget of $391,467.75.
Salary may be negotiated based on educational experience.
JOB SUMMARY: • Directs and oversees the operations of the County Auditor's Office to include the Internal Audit and Financial divisions • Administers accounting records for all County departments • Forecasts financial data for budgetary formulation purposes • Responsible for Commissioners Court financial operations and disbursement of County funds • Advises and/or informs District Judges, Commissioners Court, and the Public regarding all County financial and operational matters as provided in the Texas Local Government Code.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: • Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, • Working knowledge of government auditing and accounting is essential.
• Fund accounting experience with an extensive proven knowledge of GAAP, GASB.
And applicable laws, codes and regulations.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and proven ability to maintain accurate, detailed records that will be audited periodically.
PREFERRED REOUIREMENTS: (Not Required) • Master's Degree in Accounting and/or Finance, or related field.
• County accounting computer system software experience.
(County currently uses Alio Program) • Five (5) years of directly applicable work experience in a professional capacity in accounting and finance, i.e., an entire Auditor's department.
• Five (5) years of demonstrated supervisory experience in the public sector or a comparable environment: medium to large sized organization.
• Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO).
• Auditor / Accountant work experience in state or local government.
• Be a resident of Starr County or be willing to move to Starr County, Texas within 12 months of appointment- this requirement may be waived under extraordinary circumstances.
Pre-employment criminal background investigations.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT (FLSA) STATUS: Exempt (Salary) SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION: Please submit all applications with a cover letter, resume, and references to STARR COUNTY BOARD OF DISTRICT JUDGE; C/O: 381ST DISTRICT JUDGE HONORABLE JOSE LUIS GARZA 401 N. Britton Ave. Suite 401, Rio Grande City, Texas 78582.
Applications will be accepted until December 18, 2018 or until position is filed.
The 381ST District Court is located at the Starr County courthouse, Third Floor, Rio Grande City, Texas 78582.
The Starr County Board of District Judges is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Location/Region: Mcallen, TX (US - 78501)