The Director Operations directs all day-to-day responsibilities pertaining to the overall operations, including toll collection, security and custodial maintenance of the Brownsville & Matamoros Bridge Company.
This is a very responsible managerial position requiring independent judgment.
Additionally, requires frequent contact with U.S. Customs, U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service, authorities of the Mexican government, and representatives of the private sector.
Must be able to communicate fluently in English and Spanish.
• Develop and distribute weekly toll collector schedules, as well as, notify replacement toll collectors of assignments.
• Maintain accurate and current records, including toll collector performance indicators, and reconcile toll collectors' daily cash remitted versus cash transactions recorded.
• Establish and maintain operational standards, policies and procedures for the company.
• Monitor records for accuracy and develop reports to ensure efficient and effective operation of the company.
• Assist in the preparation, analysis, presentation and documentation of the operating budget and capital improvement budget.
• Provide operational analysis and guidance to the company's President and Chief Operating Officer and advise Director Finance on necessary company purchases.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• A Bachelor's degree in Business or Management from an accredited college or university.
• Five to seven years experience in a management/ professional-level position • Three years experience in a supervisory capacity • Able to effectively communicate in English and Spanish Preferred:
• Experience with operations and productivity strategies • Working experience with budget administration
Location/Region: Brownsville, TX (78520)